VR Creator Lab
An immersive workshop, hosted by YouTube.
Participating creators must meet these criteria:
- Own a YouTube channel with at least 100,000 subscribers
- No current copyright or Terms of Service strikes on the qualifying channel(s)
- Passion for VR and commitment to creating VR content beyond the program
- Participants must be fluent in English
- All individual participants must be at least 18 years old
- The channel is not a consumer brand
- Access to high speed bandwidth for video conferencing
- Participants are responsible for bringing their own laptop
How many people per team can participate in the Lab?
Up to four team members per selected team may participate in the program.
Can I miss any dates?
Because of the significant financial commitment provided to each creator, we ask that selected participants commit to attending all programming. Exceptions can be made for illnesses or other emergencies.
Do you provide meals at the boot camp?
Yes. We do provide breakfast and lunch during the 3-day boot camp. We also organize a fun happy hour to celebrate the end of the program.
Do you cover travel expenses?
No. Travel expenses for the 3-day boot camp should be covered by the provided production grants, but should not exceed $2,000 USD per team (or equivalent currency).
Do I have to spend every dollar of my funding on production expenses or can I use some funds to “pay” myself?
Our goal is for every dollar to be “put on screen”. If you need to retain a portion of your funds to pay yourself, you can do so so long as it’s in service of realizing the vision of the project(s) with which you applied to the Lab.
Can I provide or secure additional (third-party) funds for my projects in the Lab?
By all means!
Can I publish videos produced in this program anywhere?
Program videos can be promoted on other social media platforms, but must be published only on YouTube for the first year. Beyond that window, you may additionally publish to other platforms.